Mendel university in Brno announces a selection procedure for the academic job position:
Assistant of Assistant Professor for teaching about graphical applications
The Department of Informatics primarily provides teaching in informatics study programs at the Faculty of Business Economics of the Mendel University in Brno. He also partially teaches specialized IT courses for economic study programs. Courses are taught in both Czech and English. Outside of teaching activities, he focuses on research and development in the areas of mobile applications, web technologies and Industry 4.0 in particular. Emphasis is placed on the use of methods from the field of artificial intelligence, analysis of large-scale data and innovative methods of communication with the user.
Research field: development of graphical applications for desktop and mobile platforms
What will you do?
- teaching courses especially for students of IT study programs, in particular, it is a graphic application development course and iOS/Android application development courses
- solution of research and development projects from the worker's profile areas
- publication of research and development results at conferences and in scientific journals
- active search for project opportunities
What do we require from you?
- at least a master degree in IT or a similar field
- ability to conduct lectures and exercises at the university
- research/development/teaching in the field of graphic application development (OpenGL, WebGL, graphics engines, etc.), alternatively research/development/teaching in the field of mobile technologies (iOS, Android, Flutter, etc.)
- advanced knowledge of both Czech and English language - ability to lead lectures and seminars with ability to fluently discuss in the professional area
What else do we appreciate?
- knowledge of high-level engines such as Unreal Engine and Unity
- acquitance with virtual and augmented reality
- experience in developing applications using computer vision
Required research experience:
- demonstrable project activity in one of the required areas (participation in solving at least one research or development project)
- ability to present the results of your work at conferences (participation in at least one conferences)
- capability to publish work results in professional journals (at least one publication in a journal indexed in Scopus or Web of Science)
What can we offer you?
- a workplace with a young team of active workers with good relationships
- teaching in modern academic study programs
- an agile management approach: your ideas and comments will be heard
- involvement in a number of practical research and development projects, including cooperation with commercial companies
- high-quality technical facilities, including a number of specialized laboratories at a high level
- possibility to travel abroad for short-term and long-term internships
- possibility to work at home office
- 8 weeks of holiday
- opportunity for professional training and development, up-skilling, courses and training
- support for work-life balance
- food allowance (Edenred Card/Menza)
- discounted MultiSport card
- ITIC card with which you can benefit from various discounts
- the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of the university environment, such as sports courses at the Sports Activities Centre, the Counselling and Careers Centre, the Botanical Garden and Arboretum, recreation centres, libraries and the purchase of university products (venison, eggs, beer, wine, Christmas trees, etc.)
- university kindergarten, summer suburban camps for children of employees
- employer contribution to a pension or life insurance after 3 years of employment
Expected start: by agreement, a fixed-term contract for 2 years with the possibility of prolongation
Job status: 1,0 (40 hours per week) or by agreement
Place of work: Brno
Are you interested in the position and would you like to become a member of the team?
- professional CV
- summary of academic teaching
- list of publications
- motivation letter
How does the recruitment process look like at our university? Find out on orlz.mendelu.cz/en/selection-procedure
Find out what makes #BRNOREGION the perfect place to live (brnoregion.com/en/).