We are looking for a new colleague with network specialisation.
Academic staff member - Assistant or Assistant Professor for teaching about network administration
The Department of Informatics primarily provides teaching in informatics study programs at the Faculty of Business Economics of the Mendel University in Brno. He also partially teaches specialized IT courses for economic study programs. Courses are taught in both Czech and English. Outside of teaching activities, he focuses on research and development in the areas of mobile applications, web technologies and Industry 4.0 in particular. Emphasis is placed on the use of methods from the field of artificial intelligence, analysis of large-scale data and innovative methods of communication with the user.
Research field: computer network communication protocols, cybersecurity tools and technologies, and operating systems (not necessarily research in all areas)
What will you do?
- teaching courses especially for students of IT study programs, primarily in the IS/ICT Administration study program. In particular, these are courses focused on the design and management of computer networks, cyber security and operating systems (not necessarily for all of the mentioned areas)
- supervision of students' final theses in the above mentioned fields
- solution of research and development projects from the worker's profile area
- publication of research and development results at conferences and in scientific journals
What do we require from you?
- master degree in IT or similar field
- ability to lead lectures and seminars at the university
- capability to expertly guide students' final theses, primarily of the IS/ICT Administration study program
- research/teaching/practical knowledge in the field of computer network management, cyber security, operating systems (not necessarily in all areas)
- advanced knowledge of both Czech and English language - ability to lead lectures and seminars together with publication activities
Required research experience:
- at least one publication output in a professional magazine or at a conference
What else do we appreciate?
- obtained industrial certifications in the field of computer network management, cyber security or operating systems are an advantage (e.g. CCNA, CCNP Enterprise, CCSA, JNCIA-Junos, LPIC-1, MTCNA,...) - not necessarily in all areas, knowledge is also sufficient at their level
What can we offer you?
- a workplace with a young team of active workers with good relationships
- teaching in modern academic study programs
- an agile management approach: your ideas and comments will be heard
- involvement in a number of practical research and development projects including cooperation with commercial companies
- high-quality technical facilities, including a number of specialized laboratories at a high level
- possibility to travel abroad for short-term and long-term internships
- possibility to work at home office
- 8 weeks of holiday
- opportunity for professional training and development, up-skilling, courses and training
- support for work-life balance
- food allowance (Edenred Card/Menza)
- discounted MultiSport card
- ITIC card with which you can benefit from various discounts
- the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of the university environment, such as sports courses at the Sports Activities Centre, the Counselling and Careers Centre, the Botanical Garden and Arboretum, recreation centres, libraries and the purchase of university products (venison, eggs, beer, wine, Christmas trees, etc.)
- university kindergarten, summer suburban camps for children of employees
- employer contribution to a pension or life insurance after 3 years of employment
- working in an institution that has been awarded the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission
Expected start: by agreement, a fixed-term employment contract for 2 years with the possibility for a permanent contract
Job status: 1,0 (40 hours peer week) or by agreement
Place of work: Brno
Are you interested in the position and would you like to become a member of the team?
- professional CV
- summary of academic teaching
- list of publications
- motivation letter
How does the recruitment process look like at our university? Find out on orlz.mendelu.cz/en/selection-procedure
Find out what makes #BRNOREGION the perfect place to live (brnoregion.com/en/).