Academic staff member – Assistant or Assistant Professor for teaching about industrial automation
The Department of Informatics primarily provides teaching in informatics study programs at the Faculty of Business Economics of the Mendel University in Brno. He also partially teaches specialized IT courses for economic study programs. Courses are taught in both Czech and English. Outside of teaching activities, he focuses on research and development in the areas of mobile applications, web technologies and Industry 4.0 in particular. Emphasis is placed on the use of methods from the field of artificial intelligence, analysis of large-scale data and innovative methods of communication with the user.
Research field: control automation, robotics and computer vision in industrial manufacturing and agriculture
What will you do?
- teaching courses mainly for students of IT study programs, primarily in the Open Informatics study program, in particular, these are courses focused on Industrial Automation and Programming of embedded systems using NI technologies, Robotics and computer vision
- ability to conduct lectures, tutorials at the university
- supervision of students' final theses in the above mentioned areas
- solution of research and development projects from the worker's profile areas
- publication of research and development results at conferences and in scientific journals
What do we require from you?
- master degree in IT or similar field
- ability to lead lectures and seminars at the university
- capability to expertly guide students‘ final theses, primarily in the Open Informatics study program with specialisation in embedded systems
- research/teaching/practical knowledge in the field of automation using NI technologies, robotics and computer vision – for all of the above, demonstrable experience of at least one year (teaching, experience with practical administration, etc.)
- advanced knowledge of both Czech and English language – ability to lead lectures and seminars together with publication activities
Required research experience:
- at least one publication output in a professional magazine or at a conference
What else do we appreciate?
- at least one publication in a professional journal or at a conference
What can we offer you?
- a workplace with a young team of active workers with good relationships
- teaching in modern academic study programs
- an agile management approach: your ideas and comments will be heard
- involvement in a number of practical research and development projects including cooperation with commercial companies
- high-quality technical facilities, including a number of specialized laboratories at a high level
- possibility to travel abroad for short-term and long-term internships
- possibility to work at home office
- 8 weeks of holiday
- opportunity for professional training and development, up-skilling, courses and training
- support for work-life balance
- food allowance (Edenred Card/Menza)
- discounted MultiSport card
- ITIC card with which you can benefit from various discounts
- the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of the university environment, such as sports courses at the Sports Activities Centre, the Counselling and Careers Centre, the Botanical Garden and Arboretum, recreation centres, libraries and the purchase of university products (venison, eggs, beer, wine, Christmas trees, etc.)
- university kindergarten, summer suburban camps for children of employees
- employer contribution to a pension or life insurance after 3 years of employment
- working in an institution that has been awarded the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission
Expected start: by agreement, a fixed-term employment contract for 2 years with the possibility for a permanent contract
Job status: 1,0 (40 hours per week) or by agreement
Place of work: Brno
Are you interested in the position and would you like to become a member of the team?
- professional CV
- summary of academic teaching
- list of publications
- motivation letter
How does the recruitment process look like at our university? Find out on orlz.mendelu.cz/en/selection-procedure
Find out what makes #BRNOREGION the perfect place to live (brnoregion.com/en/).