The group of Milan Vrabel at IOCB in Prague is looking for a postdoctoral candidate with a strong background in molecular biology, and/or chemical biology. Collaborate with our international team of passionate chemists and biologists, focusing on the application of chemical tools to biological systems. In addition to ongoing chemical biology projects, we are actively engaged in innovative immunology/immunotherapy research project. The ideal candidate should possess expertise in cell cultures, fluorescence microscopy, cloning/genetic engineering of cells, protein expression, and proteomics. We are looking for an enthusiastic and independent researcher with a well-organized approach to join our innovative and collaborative environment.
- Ph.D. degree in molecular/chemical biology or similar (background in immunology is welcome)
- Publication-proven experience in relevant fields
- Ability to work in a team but independently
- Good proficiency in spoken and written English
- Working in a young, promising, and progressive scientific team of biologists, medicinal chemists, virologists, immunologists, computational chemists, and biochemists
- Competitive salary with the option to apply for a postdoctoral fellowship
- 5 weeks of paid vacation plus 4 days of personal leave
- Health insurance and full benefits package incl. contribution to supplementary pension insurance and contribution to sports/culture/leisure time
- Meal subsidy
- Financial support for parents with young children
- Location in the stunning city of Prague at well-equipped scientific institute with excellent infrastructure
- The position is available as of March 2024
- Initially fixed-term contract for one year, with possibility of extension
- Applications will be considered until the position is filled
How to apply:
Suitable candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview. Please note that if you are not contacted within 5 weeks, we have given preference to candidates who more closely meet the criteria. Thank you for your understanding.
IOCB Prague / Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Czech Academy of Sciences is a leading internationally recognized scientific institution whose primary mission is the pursuit of basic research in chemical biology and medicinal chemistry, organic and materials chemistry, chemistry of natural substances, biochemistry and molecular biology, physical chemistry, theoretical chemistry, and analytical chemistry. An integral part of the IOCB Prague’s mission is the implementation of the results of basic research in practice. Emphasis on interdisciplinary research gives rise to a wide range of applications in medicine, pharmacy, and other fields.