The position of Group leader of the Proteomics Core Facility at IOCB Prague is available for a highly motivated and creative scientist with expertise in mass spectrometry-based proteomics. Willingness and ability to engage and innovate in structural proteomics and mass spectrometric analyses of other biomacromolecules, especially nucleic acids and complexes of proteins and nucleic acids, are essential.
The successful candidate is expected to oversee and manage the operation of the core facility, initially including a team of 4-6 employees, several liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (LC-MS) instruments configured for various applications, a hydrogen-deuterium exchange (HDX) robot, and other supporting laboratory equipment. The core facility is expected to conduct standard measurements and molecular characterizations, but also to continuously implement new state-of-the-art methods and protocols.
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. degree in a relevant discipline
- Excellent expertise in proteomics and protein mass spectrometry, including data processing and interpretation. Prior experience with structural proteomics, mass spectrometry analyses of nucleic acids and their complexes with proteins, thermal proteome profiling, or limited proteolysis coupled to MS (LiP-MS) is an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Independence, accountability, and reliability
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Working in a young, progressive, and collaborative scientific community of medicinal chemists, virologists, immunologists, computational chemists, biologists and biochemists
- State-of-the-art instrumentation
- Competitive financial remuneration
- 5 weeks of paid vacation plus 4 days of personal leave
- Health insurance and a full benefits package including contribution to supplementary pension insurance, contribution to sports/culture/leisure time, and meal subsidy
- Financial and logistics support for parents returning to work after their maternity/parental leave
- Location in the stunning city of Prague, with a vibrant atmosphere and excellent quality of life
- The starting date of the position: as soon as possible (negotiable)
- Initial full-time fixed-term contract for three years, with the expectation of extension based on evaluation
How to apply:
Suitable candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview. Please note that if you are not contacted within 8 weeks, we will have given preference to candidates who meet the selection criteria more closely. Thank you for your understanding.
IOCB Prague (Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences) is a leading internationally recognized research institute whose primary mission is the pursuit of basic research in organic, medicinal and computational chemistry, chemical biology, biochemistry, and associated disciplines. An integral part of the IOCB Prague’s mission is the implementation of the results of basic research in practice. Emphasis on interdisciplinary research gives rise to a wide range of applications in medicine, pharmacology, and other fields.