- Work in dynamic international research team.
- All state of the art characterisation and technological equipment necessary for the project is available in laboratory.
- Salary + scholarship : over 250 000 CZK/year (including social and health insurance)
- Employment contract for the period of PhD study (4 years)
- Employee benefits (6 weeks of vacation, catering allowance, pension insurance allowance, language courses, institutional childcare, etc.)
- Low cost of living in tolerant, progressive and secure country with rich cultural and natural heritage
- Work in the heart of Europe with convenient transport connection to the whole world
PhD positions in 2D materials synthesis and its applications in sensors, energy storage, electronic, optics and catalysis
Two PhD positions supervised by prof. Zdenek Sofer are available at the Department of Inorganic Chemistry at University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague. The positions are offered in a team working on a 5 years-long project (starting in January 2019) on 2D monoelemental materials based on silicene/germanene and pnictogens (phosphorene/ arsenene), their synthesis, deposition of monolayers, exfoliation, chemical derivatisation and exploration of possible applications. Recent publications of the group are available here. We offer: