Centre of Excellence IT4Innovations
Division University of Ostrava
Institute for Research and Applications of Fuzzy Modeling
announces newly open project-based postdoc position.
Position #2-Postdoc at the Department of AppliedResearchResearch topic: Intelligent data processing preferably with the focus on image processing. Description of prototypically expectedskills of an applicant focused on image processing: Experience with:
- actual NN trends,
- autoencoders, GANs, recurrent NNs,
- TensorFlow / Keras / PyTorch
- the major image processing algorithms for, e.g., imageenhancement, feature extraction, geometrical transformations etc.
- to speak English,
- to publish scientific papers,
- to develop software under various platforms,
- to present achieved results atconferences,
- to keep track of actual NN trends.
- Duration of the position covered by project: 11 months (starting from July2019 at latest!)
- Possible prolongation of the contract: Yes (under institutional conditions not determined by the project)
- Salary: competitive salary comparable with other EU countries: 2400-2500EUR monthly (based on the actual exchange rate CZK/EUR) which as more than double the average salary in the Czech Republic ensures high living standards
- Travel expenses: additional funding of trips to conferences possible
- Ph.D. degree obtained less than 7 years ago (this is prolonged for the length of maternity/paternity leaves).
- Work experience from a country different from the Czech Republic – at least 2 out of the last 3 years, the applicant necessarily had to spend as a researcher (min. 0.5FTE) or a Ph.D. student abroad.
- Publication activity – at least 2 publications in the last 3 years
We search only for an excellent scientist who is already very activein the given field.Choosing the postdoc among applicants: If an applicant meets the requirements given by the projecta committee consisting of three senior members of the Institutewill evaluate applicants. How to apply for the postdoc position: Applicant is supposed to submit (only in electronic version) the following documents:
- scanned Ph.D. diploma (official English confirmation may be additionally required),
- a cover letter,
- structured CV in PDF format,