Description: We are seeking two post-doctoral scientists to join the Laboratory of Structural Virology in CEITEC (http://plevkalab.ceitec.cz). We use cryo-electron microscopy/tomography to determine three-dimensional structures of viruses and study their interactions with infected cells. We aim to provide structural information for development of (1) anti-viral drugs and (2) phage therapy to treat antibiotic-resistant bacterial infections. We study human viruses from the families Picornaviridae and Flaviviridae. Our phage studies are focused on biofilms of Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Our lab is part of Structural Biology program at CEITEC. We have access to in-house electron microscopes: Titan Krios equipped with Falcon3 and K2 detectors and phase-plate, Talos Arctica, TF20, and dual beam microscope Versa 3D. The group includes technicians to assist with routine laboratory tasks. Requirements:
- Successful candidate must hold a PhD degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, structural biology, or informatics.
- The applicant must have demonstrated ability to independently pursue on his/her research projects and write manuscripts.
- Positive attitude towards programming, scripting, and Unix-based systems is desired.
- Knowledge of structural biology and tissue culture methods is a plus but not required.
- An attractive salary and benefits package
- In house core facilities with expert support
- Support with the relocation process (welcome office service)
- 6 weeks of paid holiday
- CEITEC, please visit www.ceitec.eu
- CEITEC Welcome Office, please visit https://www.ceitec.eu/welcome-office/t9794
- Masaryk University, please visit www.muni.cz
- Brno, please visit http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617
Start date: flexible, optimally September-December 2019 Opened Until: 31.8.2019I AM INTERESTED