, the institute at the Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic, is focused on research and education in the area of Environment and Health. RECETOX provides expertise, access to high-quality research infrastructure and state-of-the-art equipment, professional services and training to the international research community, collaborators and other partners. www.recetox.muni.cz We invite applications for a Ph.D. position in the research group of Prof. Gerhard Lammel. www.recetox.muni.cz/vyzkum/lide/prof-gerhard-lammel Topic
Oxygenated aromatic hydrocarbons in atmospheric aerosols - specification, sources, and bioavailability Oxygenated aromatic hydrocarbons are ubiquitous atmospheric pollutants, emitted from combustion processes or formed in atmospheric chemistry. These sources are poorly identified. The substance class encompasses highly toxic substances upon inhalation, but these are not identified yet on the molecular level. The PhD study is expected to add essential data and insights for the identification and assessment of oxygenated aromatics, based on sampling in ambient air and close to sources, chemical analysis (gas-chromatography-mass spectrometry), quantification of bioavailability upon inhalation, and related data analyses and publication RECETOX Ph.D. student position
- 4-year Ph.D. programme with financial support for 4 years
- Interdisciplinary scientific topics
- Supervision by experienced mentors and excellent scientists and tailored study plan
- Excellent and state-of-the-art research infrastructure
- International mobility and internships
- International and friendly environment
- Courses developing the transferable skills
- A candidate shall possess MSc. or a corresponding degree from a university in chemistry or environmental sciences.
- Solid background in the respective field and good communication skills in the English language.
For a consultation with the supervisor, candidates should submit the application including (i) curriculum vitae, (ii) motivation letter, (iii) contacts of two persons who might provide references until November 30, 2019. Formal application to Ph.D. studies at Masaryk University will then require further documentation and formalities from the candidates and will be processed through an electronic application system. Further information about RECETOX is available at https://www.recetox.muni.cz
and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/recetox/?ref=bookmarks
Masaryk University is available at https://www.muni.cz/en
Brno is available at http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617