Postdoctoral Position in Organic/Supramolecular Chemistry RECETOX
centre, the institute at the Masaryk University in Brno (the Czech Republic), is focused on research and education in the area of Environment and Health. RECETOX provides expertise, access to high-quality research infrastructure and state-of-the-art equipment, professional services and training to the international research community, collaborators and other partners. More about us on www.muni.recetox.cz
For the Supramolecular Chemistry research group of Prof. Vladimir Sindelar we are looking for a talented and motivated postdoctoral researcher with strong skills in organic synthesis. The research project
The post-doc position concerns the synthesis of new bambusuril macrocycles, their purification, characterization, and investigation of their ability to bind anions inside their cavity. The project is well suited for individuals with strong skills in organic synthesis. Proven expertise in the synthesis of macrocyclic compounds and the characterization of host-guest systems in the solution by NMR, UV-Vis, fluorescence and ITC will be desirable. For further information about the research group see our webpage http://supramolecular.sci.muni.cz./
. Requirements and qualifications
- The candidate obtained within the the past 7 years a Ph.D. degree in organic, supramolecular or physical chemistry.
- The candidate is expected to have previous research experience and a solid record of accomplishment in peer-reviewed scientific journals (i.e. WoS, SCOPUS), including one first-author publication.
The candidate has to prove the interest and motivation to tackle scientific challenges, independent planning of experiments to explore given hypotheses and technical skills to conduct experimental work. The candidate should have the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities, independently solve technical issues, resourcefulness and excellent science writing are required. Additional requirements include good written and oral communication skills, excellent documentation skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of an international team. We offer
- To become a part of an international and dynamic scientific team working on a challenging project
- To publish results in prestigious scientific journals
- Access to state-of-the-art RECETOX research infrastructure, including available data
- Collaborative projects with international partners
- Full support of the administrative and project offices
- Stimulating and diverse work environment
- Safe and family-friendly living environment of the historical university town
- Support of the Welcome office
- Competitive salary including employee and social benefits
for applications is February 29, 2020
. A review of applications will run continuously as received. The best candidates will be invited for personal or Skype interview.