Faculty of Information Technology, Brno University of Technology announces an open call for: Senior Academic Position at FIT
in the field of IT with strong emphasis on successful research and publication/project track. We encourage applications in:
- quantum computing,
- computing in autonomous vehicles,
- low power/ecology computing,
- computing for space technologies,
- intelligent sensors and computing in sensor networks,
but not limited to these areas. Brno University of Technology (BUT) is the largest technical university in the Czech Republic. It is located in Brno, also known as the "Silicon Valley in the heart of Europe", the second largest city in the Czech Republic, having a great reputation with students
. BUT (vutbr.cz/en/life
) continues to maintain the assessment of scientific output as "very high" in the QS World University Rankings®. The Faculty of Information Technology BUT ranks among top faculties in the field of IT and as best in Czech Republic according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019
, with a continuous stream of top publications. The Faculty has a strong interest in being attractive for perspective researchers from abroad, and applications from all countries are encouraged
We are looking for highly motivated researchers and independent thinkers with excellent expertise. Candidates must have experience with scientific work, with obtaining and implementing grants and have the ability to lead a research team. They must demonstrate the skills to carry out their research independently and also to collaborate with others, as well as a track record of high-impact original work. A PhD or equivalent degree in computer science, information technology or computer engineering is required. Good oral and written communication skills in English are required.
- At least 5 years from Ph.D. or its equivalent (International Standard Classification ISCED 8),
- H-index of min. 8 (source Web of Science or Scopus),
- at least 10 excellent scientific results with explanation of their excellence, according to publishing activity, such as 50 or more citations at Google Scholar, Q1/Q2 journal papers, publications at some of the A/A* international CS conferences (according to CORE) in the research area within the last 5 years,
- participation in at least three international/national grant projects as the leading researcher or co-researcher.
Anticipated start date:
- Salary will be based on the candidate's qualifications and experience. In addition, the candidate may receive a start-up grant for own expenses and a team for up to two years (state your expectations in the application),
- in house core computation equipment, office, laboratory equipment, good technical and administrative support, friendly environment and colleagues/academics,
- support with the relocation process (welcome service) and possibility of short to medium term accommodation,
- full-time position (40 hrs/w) with 8 weeks of paid holiday.
. Please quote “Senior Academic Position at FIT” in the subject. Electronic application deadline:
5. 4. 2020  https://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings-articles/qs-best-student-cities/brno  https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2019/subject-ranking/computer-science#!/page/0/length/25/locations/CZ/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats