Two PhD positions supervised by Prof. Zdenek Sofer are available at the Department of Inorganic Chemistry at University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague. The positions are offered in a team working on a 5 years-long project (started in January 2019) on 2D monoelemental materials based on silicene/germanene and pnictogens (phosphorene/ arsenene), their synthesis, deposition of monolayers, exfoliation, chemical derivatisation and exploration of possible applications. Recent publications of the group are available here
. Description of the positions:
- Energy storage and conversion (water splitting, batteries, super capacitors)
- Chemistry and derivatives of 2D monoelemental materials beyond graphene
- Work in dynamic international research team.
- All state of the art characterisation and technological equipment necessary for the project is available in laboratory.
- Salary + scholarship : over 250 000 CZK/year (including social and health insurance)
- Full-time employment contract for the period of PhD study (4 years)
- Employee benefits (6 weeks of vacation, catering allowance, language courses, institutional childcare, etc.)
- Low cost of living in tolerant, progressive and secure country with rich cultural and natural heritage
- Work in the heart of Europe with convenient transport connection to the whole world
- Experience in synthesis, material characterization and energy related applications of materials
- Motivation and ability and willingness to publish results in reviewed highly impacted journals
- Command of Czech/Slovak language or related language is advantage
before 31 March 2020.