We are looking for a motivated Post-Doc for a project funded by ERC Grant (Marek Mraz lab, www.ceitec.cz/mrazlab). The project goal is to understand the molecular machinery that regulates the migration of malignant B cells between different niches such as lymphoid and bone marrow niche and peripheral blood. This is of great interest, especially in chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). In CLL, but also in other lymphomas, the malignant B cells permanently re-circulate from peripheral blood to lymph nodes and back, and blocking this recirculation can be used therapeutically since malignant B cell depent on signals in immune microenvironment. However, the factors that regulate this are mostly unclear. The lab established several models for in vitro and in vivo studies of microenvironmental interactions and their interplay (unpublished in vivo model; Pavlasova et al. Blood, 2016; Pavlasova et al. Leukemia, 2018; Musilova et al. Blood, 2018; Mraz et al. Blood, 2014; Cerna et al. Leukemia, 2018). We have identified candidate molecules that might act as novel regulators of the B cell migration or the balance between homing and survival in peripheral blood. This will be further investigated by the post-doctoral researcher using technics such as genome editing (CRISPR), RNA sequencing, use of primary smaples, functional studies with various in vitro and in vivo models. The research is also relevant for understanding resistance mechanisms to BCR inhibitors, pre-clinical development of novel drugs and their combinations (several patents submitted by the lab). WHAT DO WE OFFER:
- project funded by the prestigious ERC grant = high risk and high gain, state-of-the-art instruments, stable funding, a competitive salary, collaboration with top experts in the field
- You will work in a team of young investigators that challenge some long-standing problems in hematology (we have access to a large biobank of primary samples).
- Motivated smart people that have the “drive” to work independently, but also willing to learn from other people in the lab and collaborate.
- Candidates should have PhD degree (or expected within 3 months of applying) in Molecular biology, Oncology, Biochemistry, or similar field.
- The Post-Doc position is for 2-4 years. Post-Doc position will start in 2020 (negotiable). Apply as soon as possible.
- The position is NOT associated with any teaching obligations.
- We welcome applications from all national (Czech) and international applicants.
- Information about the laboratory at: http://mrazlab.ceitec.cz/positions.html
Start date: Negotiable Opened Until: 31.8.2020I AM INTERESTED