ELLIS research laboratory (unit) based at the Czech Institute of Informatics, Robotics, and Cybernetics (CIIRC) at the Czech Technical University (CTU)
in Prague is looking for a web developer. The European Laboratory for Learning and Intelligent Systems (ELLIS, https://ellis.eu/
) is a pan-European scientific organization which focuses on research and the advancement of modern artificial intelligence (AI), which relies heavily on machine learning methods such as deep neural networks that allow computers to learn from data and experience. Web Developer Your Role
You are a talented developer who knows the web. Your design work is clean, focused, and inspiring to others. The ELLIS coordination office is looking to develop new web-based tools to support its operations and help achieve its mission to establish a leading open-science AI institute. Our research groups are pushing the boundaries of how scientific research can be integrated with the web, promoting our online presence, and seeking new ways to bring our worldwide research community closer. You will work as part of a small international team in collaboration with web developers, scientific coordinators, and faculty members at the Czech Technical University (CTU) in Prague, at the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems and the University of Tuebingen in Tuebingen, Germany. Responsibilities
- You will develop and maintain new tools to support the ELLIS coordination office and the ELLIS network. This will include an application portal for the newly established ELLIS PhD program aiming to become a recognized world-class brand.
- You will help develop the online presentations of the ELLIS organization and the associated ELISE project.
- You'll be also helping researchers to present their work online, publish new datasets, web apps, and web services.
- You will communicate with and report to your international team. Collaboration with the Tuebingen site will be conducted primarily remotely using video conferencing. To strengthen the collaboration, several short on-site visits to Tuebingen are planned (once travel is safe).
- With your technical expertise, you’ll be managing your own priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, measure, maintain, and enhance the solutions you put in place.
- extensive experience developing consumer and/or commercial web apps and web sites,
- proven track record and a passion for designing compelling, user-driven experiences,
- strong visual design skills, including an eye for good typography, composition and use of colour,
- exposure to web server configuration/admin (Apache, nginx),
- experience with databases (PostgreSQL or MySQL) and version control systems (preferable git),
- an independent and reliable way of working, friendly attitude and high motivation to learn new skills,
- good written/spoken English.
You are encouraged to apply if you meet most of the qualifications and most importantly if your skills are transferable. Our offer
We offer highly interesting, challenging, and varied tasks at the interface between science and administration in a highly active field of research. A dedicated team awaits you in an international environment with regular opportunities for further education and training.
We welcome applications from any background. Starting date:
immediately Application deadline:
until the position is filled Location:
Prague, Czech Republic Type of employment:
full-time, contract for 1 year with the possibility of extension Please send your application in English, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter,