Postdoctoral position supervised by Dr. Pavla Perlíková is available at the Department of Organic Chemistry at the University of Chemistry and Technology in Prague. The candidate will join a newly established junior research team working on a project funded by start-up grant and focus on the synthesis of new cytochalasan analogues with antimetastatic activity. Migrastatics represent a new concept of drugs with a great potential to improve the outcome of the current cancer treatment strategies by inhibiting metastatic behavior of cancer cells. Our goal is to use rational design to prepare new synthetic cytochalasan analogues with antimetastatic activity. Based on molecular modelling, cytochalasan scaffold will be modified at different parts in order to simplify its synthesis while keeping strong actin binding of new analogues. In our projects we are combining synthesis of complex molecules and medicinal chemistry. We offer:
We are looking for:
- Work in a small team and friendly environment
- Full-time contract for 12 months with possibility of extension
- Competitive salary
- Employee benefits (6 weeks of vacation, catering allowance, language courses, institutional childcare)
- Low cost of living in tolerant, progressive and secure country with rich cultural and natural heritage
- Work in the heart of Europe with convenient transport connections to the whole world
- Highly motivated postdocs with excellent research experience
- PhD degree in organic chemistry
- Excellent knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry
- Track record of publications in peer-reviewed international journals
- Pro-active, flexible and responsible colleagues
- Excellent command of English (level B2 or higher)
- Organizational, communication and presentation skills
How to apply
- Applications must be submitted no later than October 31, 2020.
- Interviews to be conducted in November 2020.
- Expected start: January 2021.
, including a list of publications and at least two reference letters.