The director of the CEITEC Brno University of Technology is opening a position of a „Senior Postdoctoral Research Fellow: Bioelectronic devices“ Description
The CEITEC Bioelectronics research team is seeking two outstanding applicants for a scientific position as a senior postdoctoral research fellow. The postdoctoral scholar shall work with development of bioelectronic devices and materials, in particular focusing on wireless implantable biomedical devices. The research will feature microfabrication techniques in a cleanroom environment, for precise fabrication and testing of high-performance devices for neural recording and stimulation. Materials characterization, thin film device fabrication, optoelectronics device engineering, and electrochemistry are all critical to the multidisciplinary success of our work. Close collaboration with neuroscientists and pre-clinical researchers is envisioned. The postdoctoral fellow will have the unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art nano- and microfabrication facilities, electron microscopy, and surface physics techniques (see nano.ceitec.cz
- Ability to carry out the research projects independently, interpret data, and write manuscripts.
- Excellent team working skills, self-motivation, initiative and persistence.
- Ability to exploit CEITEC BUT core facilities and laboratories (nano.ceitec.cz).
- Act as a source of information and advice to other members of the group on scientific protocols and experimental techniques.
- A fully English-speaking work environment.
- Access to state-of-the-art micro- and nanofabrication equipment.
- A well-established international collaboration network in biomedical research.
- Support of team members with diverse background.
We are looking for highly-motivated researcher with 2+ years of research experience after completion of PhD.
Interested candidate should provide:
- The applicant must have a proven track record in scientific research, evidenced by peer-reviewed publications.
- Educational background in materials science/chemistry/physics, electrical engineering, micro/nanoengineering, or related discipline required.
- Experience with 1) bioelectronics materials and devices, and 2) microfabrication, 3) thin-film deposition techniques are considered major advantages.
- Good communications skills and written and spoken English are required.
- Detailed CV including list of publications,
- Copy of highest-attained academic degree, e.g. PhD diploma.
- Cover letter (1 page) stating the motivation for applying,
- Name and contact details of two academic referees from two distinct institutions.
- Anticipated start date: Upon agreement.
- Highly competitive salary based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- 6 weeks of holiday
by November 8th, 2020 and quote the “Bioelectronics” in the subject.