The Dean of the Faculty of Informatics MU invites applications for a position of Associate Professor in Computer Networks and Systems, within the Department of Computer Systems and Communications. Job description key points
- Involvement in teaching in the area of Computer Networks and eventually Computer Systems
- Supervision of Master/Bachelor theses and consultancy or co-supervision or supervision of PhD students
- Active involvement in or leadership of research activities
- Active international cooperation, in both research and education
- Involvement in industrial cooperation in the area of computer networks and systems
Desired skills and achievements
- PhD in Computer Science, Computer Technology, Informatics or related discipline
- Passion for problem solving and desire for continuous improvement in teaching skills
- Existing track record in both education and research in the IT areas related to computer networks, systems and communications
- Expert knowledge in at least one of the areas covered by courses
- Dynamic, flexible personality, able to work well in teams
- Experience with research or development project team leadership
- Languages – fluent English (both spoken and written), other language(s) welcome
- Experience from other countries than Czech & Slovak republics (at least half a year) or proof of other extensive international experience (e.g., international project leadership)
- Experience with research project team leadership is an advantage
- Experience with research achievements published at the high quality conferences or journals
- Ability to work well in interdisciplinary and international teams
- Successfully defended Bachelor and/or Master theses supervised
- Open-source software projects development and maintenance
Applicants should submit
- The starting salary for this Associate Professor position is 109,000 CZK, and with the progress in this tenure-track position can in no more than 3 years be modified based on the level of involvement in research and educational projects.
- Candidates at an earlier career stage or with skills shortages may be offered an Assistant Professor position. The starting monthly salary for this position is 80,000 CZK.
Please submit your application, including all required documents, preferably online via the MU e-application at https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/59435.
- degree documents;
- summary of work experience, publication and teaching activities and involvement in research grants;
- cover letter explaining your interest in the position and the IT area;
- title and abstract of a lecture that can be presented as a part of the application process;
- names and contacts of three professional and language referees.
. Queries re. the position as such can be addressed to Associate Prof. Eva Hladka.