Charles University, Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Králové, represented by the Dean of the Faculty, announces an open competition for the project Pre-application research into innovative medicines and medical technologies (InoMed)
, Project registration number: CZ.02.1.01/0.0/0.0/18_069/0010046 within the Operation Program Research, Development and Education (OP RDE), Call No. 02_18_069 for Pre-application research for ITI, a project co-financed by the European Commission to fill research position: PhD researcher (postdoc position), FTE 0.3 FTE (30 %) Place of work:
Faculty of Pharmacy, Hradec Králové Responsibilities:
- postdoctoral researcher in the project, will be responsible for the quality performance and fulfilment of the research activities in the research plan no. 4 – “Pre-application research in rational pharmacotherapy in older patients”, which aims at practical application of knowledge and skills in clinical pharmacy in geriatrics in development of a software ensuring the effective and safe medication prescribing in older patients,
- will be responsible for and will supervise the works of postgraduate students, will co-manage activities realized in the team collaboration with other researchers in the research group, will be responsible for adherence to the research activities timelines, for quality collaboration and communication with international partners within the active international cooperation,
- will monitor the quality of collecting and processing research data and other activities in data management, will be responsible for the quality of the databases used for statistical analyses,
- will participate in the meetings with the project chair and members of the team responsible for data collection, analyses and fulfilling all research tasks in accordance with research activities timelines,
- will be responsible for successful establishment of collaboration with international research workplace during long-term research internship and for quality performance and finalization of tasks during this internship at international research workplace,
- will participate on writing and submitting scientific publications and other publication outputs of the project.
Other knowledge and skills:
- completed doctoral degree (Ph.D) at the Faculty of Pharmacy, event. Faculty of Medicine at any University in the Czech Republic or equivalent degree obtained at the Faculty of Pharmacy, event. Faculty of Medicine at any other foreign University abroad. The PhD degree must be completed before the deadline of this opened competition.
- knowledge and experience in the field of clinical pharmacy (in general) or clinical pharmacy in geriatrics (preferred), or experience in the field of applied pharmacology, particularly the applied pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in the aged (preferred)
- experience in pharmacoepidemiology and research works in clinical pharmacy
- active English skills (proficiency in spoken and written English).
Application must include the following:
- good knowledge in the field of rational geriatric pharmacotherapy,
- work on PC and with databases,
- statistical knowledge essential for communication with the statistician,
- flexibility, diligence, thoroughness, and responsibility,
- good organizational and communication skills,
- ability to work both independently and in the team,
- high motivation and hardworking,
- strong willingness to learn new things continuously.
Candidates are expected to submit following annexes with an application:
- first and last name of the applicant,
- date and place of birth,
- place of residence/current address,
- date and signature,
- contact information (email address, phone number).
- CV including the list of publications, professional skills and past research experience,
- Cover letter,
- 2 letters of recommendation from recognized experts in their research field (at least 1 from foreign institution),
- certified copy of a diploma (Ph.D. degree),
- other documents certifying required knowledge and expertise,
- information duty and consent to the processing of personal data according to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) and Act No. 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing, as amended.
Labour Code (Law No. 262/2006 Coll.) and internal salary structure and regulations of Charles University specify the salary conditions. The estimated monthly wage:
11 400 CZK. The start of work:
1 March 2021 (can be negotiated) Duration of employment contract:
to 28 February 2022. FTE:
0,3 FTE (30 %). We offer:
We also offer:
- interesting work in an expert team for pre-application research,
- collaboration with foreign and domestic experts,
- collaboration with statisticians and IT experts,
- specialized professional development and continuous education in a field with perspective of long-term employment,
- foreign scientific internships and participation in international conferences.
We kindly ask you to send the applications with all required documents by mail or to deliver them personally no later than by 2:00 pm on 28th of January 2021 at the following address:
- flexible working hours,
- at least 5 weeks of paid vacation,
- catering allowance and other benefits,
- FAFÍK – a day nursery that provide care for the employees´ children; the pre-school fees partly covered by the EU grant.
Charles University, Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Králové Lenka Cermanová, DiS. – Personnel Department Akademika Heyrovského 1203 500 05 Hradec Králové 5 Czech Republic Please, clearly mark on the envelope “Job Announcement – InoMed Project”.
We kindly ask you to send your application with all the required documents and attachments because without them your application is incomplete and you cannot be included in the list of candidates. The announcer reserves the right to cancel the job announcement at any time during the open competition period. Contact person for providing further information concerning the work content: Associate Professor Daniela Fialová, PharmD, Ph.D.
Department of Clinical and Social Pharmacy Faculty of Pharmacy, Charles University Czech Republic Phone:
This project reg. č. CZ.02.1.01/0.0/0.0/18_069/0010046: Pre-application research into innovative medicines and medical technologies (InoMed) is co-financed by the European Commission.