E-APPLICATION The Dean of the Faculty of Informatics MU invites applications for a position of Associate Professor in Software Systems and Services Management (SSSM), within the Department of Computer Systems and Communications. Job description key points Requirements
- Department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications – Faculty of Informatics
- Deadline: 31 May 2021
- Start date: By mutual agreement
Desired skills and achievements
- PhD in Informatics or related discipline, and habilitation (“venia docendi” or equivalent) or prerequisites for quick progress to habilitation
- Passion for problem solving and desire for continuous improvement in teaching skills
- Keen teaching interest in SSSM topics corresponding namely with fundamental obligatory courses of the study program and the specific study plans on Cybersecurity Management and Management of Software Services
- Teaching capabilities namely in areas of IT service development and management, IT governance, management of cybersecurity, management of critical infrastructures, project and risk management, interests in fundamental and applied development in these areas
- Abilities for PhD supervision, experience with supervision strongly preferred
- Experience from projects/work with/in industry; experience with research project leadership is high benefit
- Dynamic, flexible personality, able to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Further skills (qualification) in related areas (economics, management, human resources) are seen as an advantage
- Languages – fluent English (both spoken and written), other language(s) welcome
- Experience from other countries than Czech & Slovak republics (at least half a year) or proof of other extensive international experience (e.g., international project leadership)
- Experience with research project team leadership is an advantage
- Experience with research achievements published at the high quality conferences or journals
- Ability to work well in interdisciplinary and international teams
- Successfully defended Bachelor and/or Master theses supervised
Applicants should submit
- The starting salary for this Associate Professor position is 106,000 CZK, and with the progress in this tenure-track position can in no more than 3 years be modified based on the level of involvement in research and educational projects.
- Candidates at an earlier career stage or with skills shortages may be offered an Assistant Professor position. The starting monthly salary for this position is 72,000 CZK.
- degree documents;
- summary of work experience, publication and teaching activities and involvement in research grants;
- cover letter explaining your interest in the position and the IT area;
- title and abstract of a lecture that can be presented as a part of the application process;
- names and contacts of three professional and language referees.
Please submit your application, including all required documents, preferably online via the MU e-application at https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/61355
. Queries re. the position as such can be addressed to Associate Prof. Eva Hladka.