The Faculty of Science, Charles University (Prague, Czechia) invites applications for a Post-doctoral position in the Chemistry Section for the project realized in the OP RDE, Call No. 02_18_053 “International mobility of research, technical and administrative workers of research organizations”.
The position is open for researchers with experience in the area of protein mass spectrometry and/or protein structural biology.
- Ph.D. or other appropriate level 8 ISCED (International Standard Classification of Education) qualification completed within the last seven years.
- The applicant must have worked outside Czechia at least for 2 years of the last 3 years in the field of research with the workload at least 0.5, or have been a PhD. student abroad.
- The applicant must have had at least 2 published, peer-reviewed research outputs in the last 3 years. Outputs must be registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS database as “article”, “book”, “book chapter”, “letter” or “review”.
- All research activities will be conducted in English; knowledge of the Czech language is not required.
- Candidate must have at least 2 years’ experience with protein mass spectrometry or with protein structural biology techniques such as recombinant protein production in mammalian cell lines, single-molecule localization/super-resolution microscopy, or biophysical characterization of proteins and protein-protein interactions.
Selection will be based on the relevance of candidates’ professional interests and experience, excellence in research achievements.
Position duration, starting date and remuneration:
The position duration is 11 months, starting on January 1, 2022 and ending on November 30, 2022. The gross monthly salary is 62 237 CZK (approx. 2 445 EUR) including health insurance and social insurance coverage. The job status is full-time - 40 hours per week.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter including a personal statement of research interests
- Curriculum vitae with the list of publications highlighting those providing an evidence of the experience with protein mass spectrometry or protein structural biology.
How to submit application materials:
The application deadline is June 30, 2021. Subsequently, the applications´ review will begin immediately. Successful candidates will be informed by July 31, 2021.