The Dean of the Faculty of Science of the University of Ostrava announces a job vacancy
- Associate Professor/Professor with a focus on Political and Cultural geography with focus on Ethnicity, Nationalism and Separatism
- Department of Human Geography and Regional Development
Type of systemised position
- Associate Professor/Professor
Expected Start Date
- 1st of September, 2021
Estimated Amount of Work
Contract of employment
- Fixed-term contract
- According to the Internal Wage Regulations of UO
Language in Which the Selection Process Will Be Conducted
- Professor or Associate Professor in the field of Human Geography, especially in Political and Cultural Geography with focus on Ethnicity, Nationalism and Separatism
- Provable scientific results and current research and publishing activity focused on Political and Cultural Geography (grants such as GAČR, TAČR, Honizon etc.); publications in a quality journals (H index at least 4)
- Wide experience with conducting seminars/excercises at university, at least 5 years in the field of Political and Cultural Geography
- English language competency, B2/C1 level
- Czech language competency C1 level
- EU research level: R3 – Established/R4 – Leading (research group)
- Professor carries out and leads research projects and publishes in professional journals in the field of Political and Cultural Geography (H index min. 4).
- Professor is an experienced supervisor of doctoral students.
- Professor teaches the following courses in Czech and in English: Theoretical Geography, Perception of Geographic Space, Cultural Geography with focus on ethnicity matters, ethnic minorities in Czechia and nationalism.
- Membership in the state examination commissions of bachelor's and follow-up master's degree programmes
List of Documents Required from the Applicant
- Consent to the processing of personal data for the purposes of the selection procedure
- Structured professional CV with an overview of publishing activities
- Letter of Intent
- Evidence of formal qualifications/education
Date, Method, Form, and Place for the Delivery of the Application and Required Documents from the Applicant
Deadline for on-time applications
- 6th of August, 2021
The first round of the selection procedure will take place without the personal presence of the candidates by the assessment of the submitted materials by the selection committee.
The Dean of the Faculty reserves the right to invite only selected candidates to a personal meeting and the right to also not select any candidate. The Dean of the Faculty of Education of the University of Ostrava may also cancel or repeat the selection procedure.
University of Ostrava
Faculty of Science
Bc. Lucie Malovcová
710 00 Ostrava – Slezská Ostrava Czech Republic
Phone: +420 553 46 2107