Dean of the Faculty of Science, Charles University, invites applications for the following academic position:
DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY
with anticipated starting date of employment on February 1st 2022
- Visiting academic with a focus on Ecology and Evolutionary Biology within the project CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16_015/0002362
Candidates will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- recognized scholar from a respected foreign institution
- excellent research (H-index and other scientometrics, originality of scientific results/quality of publications)
- focus and content of the courses enriching the curriculum of the department
- innovative form of teaching
- attractiveness of the applicant’s research/teaching to different departments of the section
Candidates from any relevant fields are eligible to apply, experts in disciplines that are intensively studied at the department of Botany, such as ecology and evolutionary biology of plants, protists and fungi are welcome.
The applicant must be an internationally recognized scholar in his/her research area, and is expected to teach two 90 minutes courses per week at the advanced undergraduate (MSc.) level. The curriculum of the courses must be proposed by the applicant and in an obligatory part of the application. At least one of the courses should introduce topics related to the recent research of the applicant. Courses are given in English, knowledge of the Czech language is not required.
Application for selection procedure:
By sending your application, you agree that Charles University, Faculty of Science will process your personal data for the purpose of keeping records of job seekers in accordance with applicable laws.