The director of the CEITEC Brno University of Technology is opening a position of a
„Postdoctoral Research Fellow: DFT modelling of Molecular Layers on Surfaces“
For our research group, we are seeking an outstanding applicant for the academic position of a postdoctoral research fellow. The promising candidate will provide theoretical input for experimentally prepared molecular structures at solid surfaces and identify prospective molecular targets for given applications. The aim is to develop efficient charge injection layers for organic semiconductors; hence the primary focus lies in the energy level alignment and charge transport in molecular multilayers. You will work in close cooperation with experimentalist running the state-of-the-art UHV system combining LEEM, STM, XPS, FTIR and LEIS.
- Carry out the research activities within the projects of the group and as requested by Supervisor.
- Adapt existing and develop new scientific methodologies and protocols.
- Test hypotheses and analyze scientific data from a variety of sources, reviewing and refining working hypotheses as appropriate.
- Contribute ideas for new research projects and contribute to their preparation.
- Undertake comprehensive and systematic literature reviews and summarize the results for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Collaborate in preparation of scientific/project reports and journal papers and occasionally present results of the work at conferences.
- Act as a source of information and advice to other members of the group on scientific protocols and computational techniques.
- Represent the research group at external meetings/seminars, either with other members of the group or alone.
- Communicate and coordinate the theoretical-experimental work with the cooperating partners.
- You will have possibility to teach and supervise master/bachelor students.
We are looking for highly motivated researcher with a strong background in computational surface science.
- Applicants should possess or be very close to obtaining a PhD in Physics, Chemistry, or Material Science.
- Applicants should possess a master degree in Physics, Chemistry, or Material Science.
- Experience (track of records) in computational surface science.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Should have very good English – both spoken and written.
- The ability to direct own research and interpret results independently.
- Application for external postdoctoral funding (e.g. MSCA proposal).
- Experience with molecular materials.
- An interest in close collaboration with local experimental groups.
Interested candidate should provide:
- Detailed CV including list of publications.
- Cover letter stating the motivation for applying.
- Name and contact details of two academic referees from two distinct institutions.
- Anticipated start date: 11/2021 or upon agreement.
- Fixed-term two-year position with a possibility of extension, open to negotiation.
- Gross salary adequate for Brno area based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.