The applicant’s research will be focused on basic and/or applied problems from the field of Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics. The used methods could be either physical or mathematical modelling. The existing resources and infrastructure is expected to be applied.
For experimental research the wind tunnels and blow-down facilities are available together with appropriate instrumentation including optical anemometric systems PIV and LDA, hot sensor anemometers HW and systems for measuring pressures. For the mathematical modelling the HW and SW resources are available.
The applicant’s activities will concentrate mainly on:
- Design of the research projects,
- Preparation of the research tasks,
- Execution of experiments/calculations,
- Results evaluation and representation,
- Preparation of the publications of achieved results.
The mentor of the position is prof. Václav Uruba.
- A properly completed Doctoral Study Programme at university or higher education institution in the Czech Republic or a properly completed similar Study Programme abroad recognized in accordance with Act No. 111/1998 Coll., on Higher Education Institutions and on the Amendment and Supplementation of Other Acts (Higher Education Act), as amended, with the study completion date after 1st January 2015.
- The candidate for the position must be a researcher from abroad, i.e. a researcher who has worked outside the Czech Republic for at least two years during the prior three years in the field of research, including at least half work load, or has been a Ph.D. (or similar forms) student abroad; citizens of the Czech Republic are not excluded.
- The candidate must provide at least 2 publication outputs over the last 3 years.
- Good knowledge of English (at least at the CAE level or its equivalent).
- Experience with research on the research topic of the specialist team.
REQUIRED FORM OF THE APPLICANT’S APPLICATION
- Structured curriculum vitae, relevant supporting documents proving the Applicant's activity outside the territory of the Czech Republic to the extent corresponding to the qualification requirements.
- A copy of the documents proving achieved education (Ph.D. diploma or its equivalent).
- Copies of documents proving the achieved level of the English language (CAE level or its equivalent).
- Full bibliographic data of articles published in impacted journals (please provide, in particular, articles relating to the orientation of the working position, including the impact factor of the journal at the time of their publication).
- Complete bibliographic data of works published in proceedings of significant (referred to in WoS or SCOPUS) international conferences relating to the focus of the activity at the listed position.
- Overview of research teams (especially international) with whom the Applicant has worked so far, including the projects in which the Applicant was involved.
- Overview of collaboration with the application sphere and achieved application outputs.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30. 9. 2021
APPLICATIONS ARE TO BE SENT TO: Mgr. David Fronk
PHONE: +420 37763 1036
All received applications will be assessed by an expert committee. The committee will issue the final ranking of the applications.
This position can be held only by a candidate working at full time job for the period 5 months.
Expected commencement of employment: 1. 1. 2022
Gross monthly income: 68.000 CZK