The director of the CEITEC Brno University of Technology is opening a position of a
Research assistant for VAT 3D printing and material characterization
The Group of Advanced Polymers and Composites at CEITEC Brno University of Technology is inviting applications from qualified candidates for the position of research assistant in our research laboratory. We are looking for a chemist with skills in VAT 3D printing (SLA, MSLA or DLP), thermomechanical, rheological and structural analysis of polymers. You will have the unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art SEM, DSC, TGA as well with 3D printing systems (see nano.ceitec.cz).
- Operation of VAT 3D printers.
- Independent data collection and interpretation in material analysis.
- Participating on the research projects under supervision.
- Assisting with the manuscript writing.
- M.Sc. in polymer or material chemistry.
- Skills in VAT 3D printing or photochemical processes is must.
- Practical experience with thermal, thermomechanical and structural characterization of polymers is a great advantage.
- Ability to exploit CEITEC BUT core facilities and laboratories (nano.ceitec.cz).
- High energy, self-motivated with good communication skills in English.
- Work independently as well as teamwork.
- Work in the Czech Science City Brno with many collaboration possibilities.
- Participation on research projects.
- Access to CEITEC BUT core facilities and laboratories (nano.ceitec.cz).
- Further training and personal development, e.g. participation in workshops and conferences.
- 1 year contract.
- Six weeks holiday.
- 0.5 FTE (20 hrs / week, negotiable).
- 1.1. 2022 / Negotiable
Interested candidate should provide:
- Detailed CV with contact information and statement covering his/her experience in relevant areas (laboratory experience, clean room).
- Cover letter stating the motivation for applying.
- Name and contact details of two academic and/or scientific referees from two distinct institutions.