The Czech Centre for Phenogenomics (CCP) is a large research infrastructure that provides unique services for the biomedical and biotechnology research community in the fields of genome editing, phenotyping and animal model research. To expand our team we are currently looking for candidates for the junior position of the lab technician in CCP bioimaging lab.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Running of standardized scanning, reconstruction and analysis of in-vivo, ex-vivo and in-vitro samples with X-ray computed microtomography and bioluminiscence in long-term projects of CCP
- Pre-processing the data from X-ray computed microtomography for further analysis
- Providing a standardized analysis of data from X-ray computed microtomography
- Various other tasks as instructed by the supervisor
Are you the right candidate?
We are looking for a person
- with a bachelor degree in zoology, biology or other relevant field
- with above average computer / imaging skills
- able to work with English-speaking colleagues
- willing and capable to work with live lab vertebrae and/or their samples
- previous experience with morphological analysis or biomedical imaging techniques is plus, however, the position is suitable for graduates
Why join us?
- You will become part of an international team dedicated to the highest standards of pre-clinical and basic biological research that is involved in global scale research projects
- You will work with high-tech bioimaging equipment in the state-of-the-art bioimaging facility of CCP
- We offer you training and professional development in the field of bioimaging research
- We offer stable work position with a competitive salary and wide spectrum of benefits provided by the Institute of Molecular Genetics and the Academy of Sciences
The employer is the Institute of Molecular Genetics of the Czech Academy of Sciences. The workplace is the CCP building in BIOCEV campus in Vestec. The initial contract is for 12 month with expected extension upon demonstrated proficiency. The starting date is negotiable (from January 2022).