Charles University, Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Králové, represented by the Dean of the Faculty, announces an open competition
for the project Efficiency and Safety Improvement of Current Drugs and Nutraceuticals: Advanced Methods – New Challenges (EFSA–CDN);
Project registration number: CZ.02.1.01/0.0/0.0/16_019/0000841;
within the Operation Program Research, Development and Education (OP RDE), PA 1, IP 1, SO 1;
OP RDE call: No. 02_16_019 Excellent Research;
to fill researcher position:
within research program Biological Sciences in the Pharmaceutical Research and Development of Drugs and Nutraceuticals (RP1).
VP1_16: Postdoc researcher, FTE 1.0 FTE (100 %)
- Experimental work in a lab, molecular biology and xenobiochemistry, the study of reductases,
- statistic data evaluation, planning experiments, working with data,
- presentations and publishing of the results,
- cooperation within national and international scientists,
- cooperation in the preparation of national and international projects,
- working on key activities of the project.
- sufficient publication activity (at least 2 papers with IF ≥3, at least two papers as a first or corresponding person),
- applicants h-index ≥3,
- 2 letters of recommendation from recognized experts in their research field (at least 1 from foreign institution),
- educational background in biological sciences, biochemistry or pharmacology,
- no more than 10 years after completed doctoral degree (Ph.D. degree) in natural sciences at any university in the Czech Republic or equivalent degree at any university abroad. The PhD degree must be completed before the deadline of this open competition),
- active English skills (proficiency in spoken and written English).
Applies to all applicants:
Other knowledge and skills:
- Prerequisites for research work (patience, persistence and passion towards long-term goals in research),
- flexibility, great diligence, thoroughness and responsibility,
- good organizational and communication skills,
- ability to work both independently and in a team,
- high motivation and hardworking,
- strong willingness to learn new things.
Application must include the following:
- first and last name of the applicant,
- date and place of birth,
- place of residence/current address,
- date and signature,
- contact information (email address, phone number).
Candidates are expected to submit following annexes with an application:
- CV including the list of publications, professional skills, and past research experience abroad,
- professional application letter,
- 2 letters of recommendation from recognized experts in their research field (at least one from abroad),
- certified copy of a diploma (Ph.D. degree),
- other documents certifying required knowledge and expertise,
- information duty and consent to the processing of personal data according to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) and Act No. 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing, as amended.
The application form and agreement including an acknowledgement about providing personal data are available for download on this page www.faf.cuni.cz.
Labour Code (Law No. 262/2006 Coll.) and internal salary structure and regulations of Charles University specify the salary conditions.
The start of work: 1st January 2022 (can be negotiated).
Place of work: Hradec Králové.
Type of employment contract: for a fixed period (1 year) with the possibility of extension for the entire duration of the project.
Full time job (1.0 FTE).
- competitive salary,
- interesting work in an expert team under the leadership of an internationally renowned specialists,
- collaboration with foreign experts from Europe, USA, and Australia,
- specialized professional development and continuous education in a field with perspective of long-term employment,
- foreign scientific internships and participation in international conferences,
- flexible working hours,
- at least 5 weeks paid vacation,
- catering allowance and other benefits,
- FAFÍK – a day nursery that provides care for the employees´ children; the pre-school fees are partly covered by EU grant.
We kindly ask you to send the applications with all the required paperwork by mail or hand-delivered no later than by 12:00 pm on 12th December 2021 at the following address:
Charles University, Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Králové
Lenka Cermanová, DiS. – Personnel Department
Akademika Heyrovského 1203
500 05 Hradec Králové 5
Please, clearly mark the envelope “Job Announcement – EFSA-CDN Project – postdoc position VP1_16”.
We kindly ask you to send your application with all the required requisites and attachments because without them your application is incomplete and you cannot be included in the list of candidates.
The announcer reserves the right to cancel the job announcement at any time during the course.
Contact person for providing further information concerning the work content:
prof. Ing. Vladimír Wsól, Ph.D. – Department of Biochemical Sciences
Phone: +420 495 067 370
This project NO. CZ.02.1.01/0.0/0.0/16_019/0000841:
Efficiency and safety improvement of current drugs and nutraceuticals: advanced methods – new challenges (EFSA–CDN) is co-funded by the European Union.