The Czech Centre for Phenogenomics (CCP) is a large research infrastructure that provides unique services for the biomedical and biotechnology research community in the fields of genome editing, phenotyping and animal model research. To expand our team we are currently looking for candidates for the positions of the data analyst / database developer in the CCP bioinformatics team.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Data checking for the CCP database containing data from biological experiments (MySQL)
- Designing and developing of front-end and back-end of CCP database application
- Scripting of automatic procedures
Who is the candidate we are looking for?
- possess BSc in bioinformatics, statistics, mathematics or related subject or have relevant track record in the field; students are welcome to apply
- creative and able to find innovative solutions
- willing to learn new things and to pass the knowledge on
- know SQL
- know Linux and Shell scripting and at least one programming language (Java, R, Python, C ++
- capable to work in English speaking team
- capable of working with the team and also independently
- participate on projects and develop analysis methods related to big data (image/metabolomics/ontology data) using deep learning methods
- opportunity to try different roles in IT development
- international environment of excellent research facility
- various benefits offered by IMG and Academy of Sciences including five weeks of vacations and vouchers for sport or cultural activities
- full time of part time contract negotiable
- possible topic for MSc/PhD thesis
The position is available from January 2022 as an initial fixed-term (1 year) contract, with longer-term extension possibility upon demonstrated proficiency. The place of work is Vestec u Prahy (CCP – BIOCEV campus).