Loschmidt Laboratories conducts research to understand the structure-function relationships of proteins and improve their functionalities for biotechnology and biomedicine. We study the mechanism of Alzheimer’s disease and develop novel drugs for acute stroke.
Join our team and take the next step in your career with us!
Starting date: negotiable
We are looking for:
- Postdoctoral researcher to conduct interdisciplinary research in the field of structural biology and protein design
Your main tasks will include:
- Molecular cloning and gene assembly
- Protein expression, purification and biophysical characterization
- Protein structure determination by X-ray crystallography and cryo-electron microscopy
- Structure-based protein and enzyme design
- Work in a friendly, inspiring and highly collaborative environment
- Opportunities for further training, personal growth and benefits package
- Ph.D. in structural biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or biophysics
- Experience with protein production, biophysical and biochemical characterization
- Experience with protein structural techniques (crystallography, NMR or cryoEM)
- Willingness to learn new methods and emerging techniques
- Ability to develop new concepts; goal-oriented and problem-solving skills
- Good proficiency in English
- Multidisciplinary and international environment: biochemistry, biophysics, microfluidics, bioinformatics, molecular modelling and artificial intelligence
- Ambitious projects of protein science and engineering
- Inspiring, collaborative and friendly environment
- Opportunities for further education, training and professional growth
- Competitive salary and benefits package, work-life balance
- Brno is the 6th most popular city among students world-wide
The International Clinical Research Center (ICRC) of St. Anne's University Hospital in Brno, Czech Republic is a new-generation research center focusing on the pathogenesis of diseases including finding new methods, technologies and medicaments for effective prevention, early diagnostics and individualized treatment. As a top Central European research center with more than 300 researchers, new technologies and EU grant support, we focus on research and development mainly in the fields of cardiovascular and neurological diseases. In both areas we partner with world-class research centers and universities.
FNUSA-ICRC is the holder of the „HR Excellence in Research Award“ given by the European Commission to a research institute. This award is a mark of quality and a lasting commitment to developing and creating favorable conditions for employees in the institution in accordance with the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the recruitment of researchers.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, ethnicity, disability, national origin, nationality, political opinion or any other aspect unrelated to work.