The group of Dr. Kovaricek at the University of Chemistry and Technology Prague, Czechia (https://uoch.vscht.cz/research-groups/kovaricek-en) is seeking a post-doctoral fellow in the field of organic materials for (opto)electronics. We investigate self-assembly of organic molecules at phase interfaces and study the charge/energy flow across interphase for novel catalysts and optoelectronic devices.
- Solid experience in organic chemistry (Ph.D. degree or equivalent)
- Insight into materials’ properties research (spectroscopy, electrochemistry, semiconductor characterization and related fields) – to be justified and explained in the application letter
- Enthusiasm to participate in education and mentoring of undergraduate and early-stage researchers in the laboratory
- Team-player personality
- Fluent level of spoken and written English
- The post-doctoral fellow will plan and perform synthesis of target molecules, investigate their spectro/electro/chemical properties and design their integration into functional optoelectronic or catalytic devices
- The post-doctoral fellow will co-supervise undergraduate and early-stage researchers to provide them with direct training-through-research experience, in particular involving multistep synthetic strategy design, training in advanced laboratory techniques and advanced spectroscopic/electrochemical techniques
- The post-doctoral fellow will be motivated and guided towards independent research career, including grant/fellowship applications
- Full-time contract for 12 months with possible extensions, given mutual willingness
- Competitive salary (>1.2 of the national average)
- Possibility of salary bonuses
- Six weeks of payed vacation
- First-hand experience with advanced instrumentation
- Full support for further career development either in academic or private sector
- International environment in the work group
How to apply:
- If not fulfilling some of the requirements but you are enthusiastic to join us, please describe clearly your situation in the cover letter
- The group is deeply committed to gender equality, female applicants are encouraged to apply
- Short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview via a videoconference, where they will present themselves and their research experience
The deadline for applications is 19.12.2021.
By providing your personal data in your CV, you give consent to the University of Chemistry and Technology Prague to process and file your CV for the purposes of this selection procedure. At the same time you confirm that your personal data in the submitted CV is true and accurate.
About UCT Prague:
- The University of Chemistry and Technology Prague (UCT Prague) is one of the largest Central European educational and research centers performing cutting-edge research focused on chemistry, chemical and biochemical technologies, material and chemical engineering, food science, environmental studies and related disciplines. UCT Prague collaborates with over 100 academic institutions worldwide, is active in industrial R&D and technology transfer.
- Some of UCT Prague study programs are unique to the Czech Republic and essential to the country’s future. UCT ranked as the 3rd best Czech university in the Nature Index 2020 Rankings and 2nd in the QS World University Rankings 2021 and 2022. The small student-to-academic instructor ratio, allowing for individual support and inherent involvement of students in the research process, earned UCT 26th place in the world and 1st in Czechia in this aspect of rankings.