Charles University, Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Králové, represented by the Dean of the Faculty, announces an open competition for the project Pre-clinical development of an acylceramide nanostructured delivery system to rescue the skin barrier in patients with ichthyosis (LIPARCI),
Project registration number: TH78020002,
within the European Innovative Research and Technological Development Projects in Nanomedicine, mediated by Technology Agency of the Czech Republic,
to fill research position:
Researcher (postdoc position), FTE 1.0 FTE (100 %)
Expert in lipid synthesis and/or lipid analysis
Place of work: Hradec Králové.
- experimental work in a lab, dealing with specific scientific and research tasks,
- development of LC-MS/MS methods for analysis of human skin lipids and their quantification in biological material,
- (optional) synthesis of physiological acylceramides and their non-physiological derivatives including isotopically labeled lipids,
- planning experiments, working with data,
- presentation and publication of the obtained results on an international scale,
- involvement in the preparation of follow-up national and international projects,
- participation in key project activities.
- completed university doctoral studies (Ph.D. degree) in the field of natural sciences, pharmacy or medicine at a university in the Czech Republic or achievement of a comparable degree at a foreign university, no later than on the day of commencement of employment,
- active English skills (proficiency in spoken and written English),
research and publication activity in a field of chemical synthesis, or analytical chemistry, or related fields,
- previous experience with chemical synthesis of lipids and LC-MS/MS techniques is an advantage.
Other knowledge and skills:
- prerequisites for research work,
- flexibility, great diligence, thoroughness, and responsibility,
- good organizational and communication skills,
- ability to work both independently and in a team,
- high motivation and hardworking,
- strong willingness to learn new things continuously.
Application must include the following:
- first and last name of the applicant,
- date and place of birth,
- place of residence/current address,
- date and signature,
- contact information (email address, phone number).
Candidates are expected to submit following annexes with an application:
- CV including the list of publications, professional skills, and past research experience,
- professional application letter,
- 2 letters of recommendation from recognized experts in their research field,
- certified copy of a diploma (Ph.D. degree),
- other documents certifying required knowledge and expertise,
- information duty and consent to the processing of personal data according to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) and Act No. 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing, as amended.
The application form and agreement including an acknowledgement about providing personal data are available for download below on this page.
Labour Code (Law No. 262/2006 Coll.) and internal salary structure and regulations of Charles University specify the salary conditions.
The estimated monthly wage: 45 000 CZK.
The start of work: to be negotiated
Type of employment contract: for a definite period of the project duration (expected until 30 April 2025).
Full time job (1.0 FTE).
- interesting work in an expert team of Skin Barrier Research Group,
- collaboration with foreign experts from Europe (France, Germany, Spain) and USA,
- specialized professional development and continuous education in a field with perspective of long-term employment in research and development,
- foreign scientific internships and participation in international conferences.
We also offer:
- flexible working hours,
- at least 5 weeks paid vacation,
- catering allowance and other benefits,
- FAFÍK – a day nursery that provide care for the employees´ children; the pre-school fees are partly covered by EU grant.
We kindly ask you to send the applications with all the required paperwork by mail or hand-delivered no later than by 26. 5. 2022 at the following address:
Charles University, Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Králové
Lenka Cermanová – Personnel Department
Akademika Heyrovského 1203
500 05 Hradec Králové 5
Please, clearly mark the envelope “Job Announcement – EuroNanoMed - FaF”.
We kindly ask you to send your application with all the required requisites and attachments because without them your application is incomplete and you cannot be included in the list of candidates.
The announcer reserves the right to cancel the job announcement at any time during the course.
Contact person for providing further information concerning the work content:
Prof. PharmDr. Kateřina Vávrová, Ph.D. – The Department of Organic and Bioorganic Chemistry
Phone: +420 495 067 497