Charles University, Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Králové, hereby invites applications for the following position:
Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Full Professor for the Department of Organic and Bioorganic Chemistry
- PhD in (bio)organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, or in a related field (or expectation for obtaining PhD in near future)
- active knowledge of English
- at least basic knowledge of Czech or willingness to learn Czech
- publication record in (bio)organic chemistry
- qualifications for teaching and research activities in the field of (bio)organic chemistry
- ability to work independently as well as in a team
The successful candidate will be expected to obtain external funding to conduct research in (bio)organic chemistry and help guide research efforts in their areas of expertise. In addition to research, this individual will teach appropriate courses at the undergraduate and graduate level, engage in scholarly activities, participate in outreach and service activities, and contribute to the distance learning activities.
What we offer:
- a fixed-term/tenure track contract with the opportunity to transition to an open-term/tenure contract (in accordance with the Career Regulations of the Charles University)
- eight weeks of holiday per year and up to five additional free days for self-development
- discounted calls for employees and their families
- meal allowance and other contributions from the social fund (e.g. pension insurance or private life insurance, interest on a loan for housing needs)
- FAFÍK – a children’s group (opportunity to take advantage of the services of the children’s group for the children of faculty employees)
- ČSOB financial group motivation programme (extra benefits package)
- additional Charles University benefits (discounts and benefits for Charles University employees at establishments outside Charles University)
Label the envelope containing the application materials with the following:
“Position at the Department of Organic and Bioorganic Chemistry”
Selected candidates will be invited for an interview.
Anticipated start date: 01 October 2022 or by agreement.
The application form and agreement including an acknowledgement about providing personal data are available for download on the faculty website: Careers | Vědecký portál - Farmaceutická fakulta UK (cuni.cz)