The Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences of Charles University announces a vacancy procedure for the Institute of International Studies of the Faculty of Social Sciences of the Charles University (hereinafter referred to as IMS) for the position of (W/M+) Assistant Professor (without Ph.D.) or Assistant Professor (with Ph.D.) with a focus corresponding to the research and teaching activities of the Institute.
The IMS specializes in teaching and research in area studies and modern history, with a focus on regions ranging from North America to Europe and to the post-Soviet space. It offers Czech and English-language programmes for about 850 students from undergraduate to doctoral level, including courses also taught in German, French and Russian. More information about IMS - ims.fsv.cuni.cz.
The applicant must complement the Institute's activities in terms of his/her teaching and research activities within the Institute's territory and/or field of specialization. Education in at least one of the following fields is recommended – modern and contemporary history, political science and international relations, law, economics, anthropology, cultural studies, sociology.
In addition to teaching and research, the Assistant Professor will focus on project and grant work.
We also require:
- university degree (at least at master's level)
- active knowledge of English or German
- knowledge of Ukrainian and/or Russian at C2 level
- 1.0 FTE
- 24-month contract starting between June 1 and October 1, 2022 (with the possibility of extension after 24 months)
- a monthly salary of 31.400 CZK (gross)
- a system of performance bonuses for publishing activities and the possibility of involvement in other projects
- accommodation allowance within the UK accommodation facilities and assistance with finding accommodation
- involvement in the research projects of the IMS, including participation in a research group
- the possibility of submitting national and international projects with a financial reward above the basic salary
- the Faculty of Social Sciences, CUNI is committed to ensuring that working for the Faculty enables all its staff to balance work and family life. IMS promotes diversity and equal opportunities in the workplace in accordance with the Charles University Equal Opportunities Plan. In addition to equal pay, it also guarantees flexible working hours.
- Other benefits (possibility of a one-time contribution from the social fund for people fleeing the conflict in Ukraine, higher value meal vouchers, contribution to a kindergarten, contribution to an annual Prague public transport card, contribution to pension and/or life insurance, etc.)
The written application must include:
- CV, including a complete list of publications
- an overview of current teaching activities
- information on participation in project activities (specifying the role within the project)
- a motivation letter (one A4 page)
By responding to this announcement, you consent to the Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University, with its registered office at Smetanovo nábřeží 6, Prague 1, Postal Code 110 01, processing your personal data for the purpose of job placement. The processing of personal data is governed by Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation) and Act No. 110 / 2019 Sb. on the processing of personal data.