Mendel University in Brno announces a selection procedure for the position of
Academic staff member - Assistant Professor for the Department of Accounting and Taxes
We are looking for a candidate to enlarge the team of our Department of Accounting and Taxes, made up of enthusiastic staff for innovative and inspiring ways of teaching and research.
What will you do?
- teaching courses guaranteed at the given department
- participation in research activities
- cooperation in consulting activities
- further personal and professional development
- participation in student advisory activities
- administration connected with the performed activities
What do we require from you?
- completed doctoral studies (Ph.D. degree) in economics and management and related fields
- knowledge of Czech and English language at the level of teaching in both languages
- Ukrainian - the ability to communicate in teaching and counselling for students at least at level B2
- at least one year experience in an academic position
- excellent communication and presentation skills ability- to lecture, lead seminars and effectively transfer acquired knowledge to students
- experience in leading pregraduate and postgraduate students in a scientific work for the completion of final theses
- knowledge of the presentation of research results and their publication in leading impact journals in the field
- experience with participation in research projects and ability to develop and improve research processes
- ability to work in a team and individually
- positive and proactive approach, the ability to come up with new ideas and improve existing solutions
- orientation in the university environment
- PC knowledge (advanced knowledge of MS Office functions
What else do we appreciate?
- significant experience in securing financing as the main project investigator
- demonstrable experience in leading a scientific team
- experience with the presentation of research results at the international level and their publications in leading impact journals in the field
What can we offer you?
- active participation in national and international conferences and seminars
- nteraction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
- a great deal of self-realization and freedom at work in a dynamically-expanding university area which is open to innovation
- discounted Multisport card
- meal allowance (Edenred card / canteen)
- employer's contribution to pension or life allowance insurance after 3 years of employment
- work in an institution that has received the HR Excellence Award in Research Award, awarded by the European Commission
Expected start: June 2022, 1 year fixed-term employment contract.
Job status: 1,0
Place of work: Brno
Are you interested in the position and would you like to become a member of the team?
Send an application to the Department of Human Resource Management of Mendel University in Brno by June 2th 2022, supported by:
- professional CV
- cover letter
- list of publications with max. 10 most important publications
- overview of academic teaching
How do the selection procedure work for us? https://orlz.mendelu.cz/en/selection-procedure