A postdoctoral position in the Targeted Research Group HBV Cure (headed by Gabriel Birkuš, Ph.D.) is available for a highly motivated and creative scientist with expertise in organic chemistry. The project that you will participate on is focused on the identification of novel cGAS inhibitors.
What you can expect:
- Participation on optimization process of a drug development
- Preparation of compounds for clinical studies
- Synthesis of target compounds
- PhD degree in organic chemistry
- Excellent expertise in organic synthesis
- Knowledge of analytical and spectroscopic methods
- Independence, accountability, and reliability
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Prior experience in medicinal chemistry is an advantage
- Working in a young, promising, and progressive scientific team of medicinal chemists, virologists, immunologists, computational chemists, and biochemists
- Competitive financial remuneration
- Opportunity to become a member of a multidisciplinary team and to be involved in our efforts to identify novel cGAS inhibitors
- 5 weeks of vacation plus 3 sick days
- Financial support for mothers with young children
- Health insurance and full benefits package incl. contribution to supplementary pension insurance, contribution to sports/culture/leisure time, meals subsidized by the employer, etc.
- Fixed-term contract for 1 year, with the potential of extension
- Start as of September 2022
The Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences / IOCB Prague is a leading internationally recognized scientific institution whose primary mission is the pursuit of basic research in chemical biology and medicinal chemistry, organic and materials chemistry, chemistry of natural substances, biochemistry and molecular biology, physical chemistry, theoretical chemistry, and analytical chemistry. An integral part of the IOCB Prague’s mission is the implementation of the results of basic research in practice. Emphasis on interdisciplinary research gives rise to a wide range of applications in medicine, pharmacy, and other fields.