If you are an ambitious person proficient in laser technology and would like to explore the fascinating world of laser development, join us! Don't worry, you will not be left alone, we offer support with the aim of your learning, training, adequate degree of freedom and a lot of enthusiasm that this work will bring you. We make impossible things possible, we never give up and we push the boundaries of Czech laser technology forward, every nanometer.
The HiLASE Center focuses on the technological development of a new generation of diode-pumped solid-state lasers with a wide range of configurations for scientific and industrial applications. We are aiming at laser pulse durations in range of fs, ps and ns with laser designs of regenerative or multipass amplifiers, q-switched lasers, fiber lasers and MOPA architectures. We currently have several projects to develop such systems and as we grow, we are looking for additional support of the Commercial Laser Development team.
Explore the HiLASE Center with a virtual tour:
What do you need to have or know?
- manual dexterity (optics control, precise adjustment of optomechanical systems),
- experience with lasers and laser beam adjustment,
- experience with measuring laser parameters,
- basic experience working on a PC
- basic electrical skills (cable connection, soldering, etc.)
- precision, responsibility, and the ability to organize your work
- the well friendly and communicative approach to our colleagues - in Czech and English
What will be the result of your work with us?
- construction, installation and repair of laser systems,
- installation of optical and optomechanical components,
- measurement of laser parameters,
- recording and processing of measured data,
- preparation of interim reports
- work in a clean environment, sometimes in laser glasses
- active involvement in the development of various types of commercial lasers (from R&D laboratory to large-scale production in the factory)
What can you expect from us?
- An exciting and diverse job where you will definitely not be bored
- Possibility of self-realization and application of own ideas
- Flexible working hours
- Training in machine shops, 3D printing, electrical safety (Decree 50), cleaning and handling of laser optics, laser safety training, etc.
- Support for further education, personal development, and growth
- Opportunity to work in a unique science center with an international team
- A well-coordinated team of people who take work as a mission and a challenge
- for full-time 5 weeks holiday, 6 days of personal leave and other employee benefits
- Master’s degree in laser technology or comparable degree (e.g., physics, or engineering degree with focus on laser technology)
- starting day ASAP
- position suitable for students / graduates
- min. part-time (20h/week), max full-time
- fixed-term employment contract (min. 1 year)
Ms. Olga Lakomá
HiLASE Center Institute of Physics ASCR, v.v.i.
Please, include the following text in your e-mail / letter:
I agree that, according to the decree 101/2000 coll.(Czech Republic), my personal details sent to FZU AV CR, v.v.i., Na Slovance 2, 18221 Praha 8, Czech Republic can be used for the purpose of obtaining employment and management of database of employment candidates. This permission is given for the period of one year and can be at any time withdrawn by giving a notice in writing.