We would like to announce an open position of Laboratory Technician in Histology Unit for the Czech Centre for Phenogenomics research infrastructure
What will be your main job responsibilities?
- Performing of gross morphology necropsies of laboratory animals (rodents)
- Preparation and processing of paraffin and cryo histology samples
- Preparation of chemicals and staining solutions
- Basic, special histological and immunohistochemical (both BF and IF) staining of tissues and cells
- Data processing
- Routine maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Collaboration in the preparation and implementation of experiments in histopathology field
- Working in certified GLP conditions (good laboratory practice)
- Other work activities as instructed by direct supervisors
The best candidate is
- a person with at least a relevant high-school education (preferably in medical, veterinary or laboratory related field) or with college / bachelor degree in life-sciences
- capable to work with laboratory animals and animal samples (mainly rodents) and medically fit to do so
- interested in learning and understanding of new lab methods and techniques
- capable to communicate with English speaking colleagues (B1/B2 level)
An experience with work in the histopathology laboratory, with rodent handling, study/work experience abroad and a valid certificate for working with laboratory animals are an asset. However, the position is also suitable for graduates.
What do we offer?
We are a top international research infrastructure dealing with all aspects of genetics and physiology of laboratory rodents, so you will get:
- Unique work experience in lab animals and genetic research and preclinical testing
- Opportunities for career development in the field, including possible participation in professional courses in the Czech Republic or abroad
- A diverse workload, friendly working team, competitive salary and bonuses
- Wide spectrum of standard benefits offered by the Czech Academy of Sciences (five weeks of holiday, sick-days, nursery, language courses, sports/culture/insurance allowance etc.)
- Full-time / Part-time contract negotiable
We give the first employment contract for a fixed term (usually one year) with the possibility of a further long-term extension. Starting date in negotiable. The place of work is the CCP building on the BIOCEV campus in Vestec near Prague.