Mendel University in Brno announces a selection procedure for the position of:
Academic staff member – Assistant for the Department of Regional and Business Economics
Research field: Agrobusiness within economics context
The members of the Department of Regional and Business Economics have long been focusing on regional and business economics and policy. They evaluate the sustainability of regional development and assess the efficiency of business management in various sectors of the national economy.
Attention is also paid to agribusiness and the role of local actors and clusters, the evaluation of the competitiveness of agriculture within food verticals and consumer behaviour in the agricultural products market.
What will you do?
- teaching preparation and its implementation as a member of the teaching and research team
- preparation of lectures and exercises
- leading exercises and seminars
- preparation of research and documents for scientific outputs
- participation in the preparation of project applications and the subsequent solution of projects
What do we require from you?
- completed master's degree in agrobusiness and related fields with a focus on economics
- knowledge of Czech and English at the level required for teaching, ability to publish in English
- experience in teaching activities at a university (conducting exercises, seminars)
- user knowledge of working on a PC (MS Office, WOS, citation editor)
- moral integrity
- flexibility and the ability to work independently and in a team and follow through on assigned tasks
- interest in further education, self-development and participating in foreign work trips
- we also require experience in creating research for scientific publications, experience in applying scientific methods and drawing conclusions from the obtained results, experience in publishing activities
What else do we appreciate?
- orientation in the university environment
- interest in effectively passing on acquired knowledge and skills to students
- possitive and proactive approach, ability to come up with new ideas
- driving license B is an advantage
And what can we offer you?
- 8 weeks holiday
- very diverse and interesting academic and scientific research environment
- the possibility of professional growth and development, training and courses
- meal allowance (Edenred Restaurant Card/Canteen)
- discounted MultiSport Card
- employer's contribution to pension or life allowance insurance after 3 years of employment
- advantages of the university environment, such as sports courses of the Center for Sports Activities, Counseling and Professional Center, libraries (these activities are mostly free)
- ITIC card with which you will have various discounts
- university kindergarten, summer suburban camps for employees' children
- work in an institution that has received the HR Excellence in Research Award from the European Commission
Expected start: September 2022, fixed-term employment until 1.9.2023
Job status: 0,2
Place of work: Brno
Are you interested in the position and would you like to become a member of the team?
Send an electronic application to the Department of Human Resource Management of Mendel University in Brno by August 25th, 2022, supported by:
- professional CV
- cover letter
- list of publications
- overview of academic teaching
How the recruitment process look like at our university? Find out on https://orlz.mendelu.cz/en/selection-procedure